Pages

Friday, October 29, 2021

Holiday Writing

 Wednesday 20 October 2021

WALT:  Write a descriptive piece of writing that engages the Reader


School holidays and Lockdown number 2



Morena Koutou,  

  1. Today and tomorrow you are asked to express yourself by writing your true feelings, about the exciting and not so exciting times during the school holiday break.  You are also asked to write a paragraph about  your thoughts on Covid-19.  Do you agree or disagree with the people protesting for their freedom to choose to vaccinate as opposed to this government's compulsory stance that all teachers and health workers must be vaccinated prior to 1 January 2022, if they want to continue to work in their chosen professions.   Thank you.


The holidays


During the school holidays the coolest day was when Mum, Dad, Toby, Jake and I went to Rangiputa.  Mum told Jake, Toby and I to “get ready for the beach!”  When we were ready dad shouted “Let’s take the Safari to the beach!”  We were at the end of Rangiputa and there was a wooden post stopping us from going the way and to make people go the right way but dad didn’t listen.  The first thing I did when we stopped was get dressed into my togs. I saw Toby, Dad and Jake run off so I sprinted to catch up with them,  on my way I spotted a wooden boat and three mallet.  At the end of the track Dad, Jake and Toby had already turned around. I just walked back, I went to my Mum and she suggested “have a swim?”   I put my toes in the water and it was ice cold Then Jake started splashing me so I jumped in I found a warm spot that I stayed in shrimps started going on me and then I caught one then I swam over to a deep part and there were some baby mallet that I tried to catch one but they kept on swimming away.  This lady came to give Dad a crawling  so we had to go. I jumped out of the water to get changed and to go.


Puheke     


I thought that we were going but when we went to Puheke we were the only people on the beach.  I decided to have a quick walk because it was nearly dinner time.  I saw some bluebottle jellyfish. I didn't know what it was at first so I brang it back to the truck mum and dad mumbled to “put it back in the water and well you're there wash our hands for dinner!”   For dinner we had sausage with hash brown on bread Mum Called “we're going soon so after your sandwich you have to pack up your things.”  when we did all those things we hopped in the truck  when we arrived Dad ardent “get ready for bed!”


My choice of COVID-19

I agree that people should have a Pro-choice about getting their covid vaccine, because everyone's choice matters.  I also agree that the government shouldn't make it so if teachers, Nurses, dentists, Doctors and people like that are to be fully vaccinated by 1 January 2022 because I think they should at least have one vaccine by then.  I think that they should say “it would be better if you have your second vaccine by then.”  So people don’t get fired.      


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a positive, thoughtful and helpful comment.