Pages

Friday, October 1, 2021

Haka

 Haka


There was a brave man named Te Rauparaha, He was a chief (Te Rauparaha had a Tohunga that people wanted) The people became his enemies.  Te Rauparaha journeyed to find fighters to help him fight in the battles.  He stopped at lake Rotoaira.


Their chief- Te Wharerangi told him ‘They're coming to hide in the potato pit.”  So he stumbled over to the potato pit and climbed down.  At the top there was a woman called Te Rangikoaea.  The potato pit was pitch black, Te Rauparaha heard voices and footsteps.  He whispered to himself “ Will I die, will I live? Will I ever see the sun again”  The voices and footsteps faded away as Te Rauparaha emerged from the potato pit. The sun was shining.  


He thought to himself “I live and the sun came shine on me again.

He returned home and told his tribe the story, Then they soon made a haka.  For centuries they taught more and more people that passed on to us 


Whiti te ra!


 


     


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a positive, thoughtful and helpful comment.